QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER – GATE PRECAST, WINCHESTER, KY
The position requires knowledge in concrete mix design and testing, employee management, team building skills, recordkeeping, and WordPerfect and Excel computer skills. Position requires high school diploma, minimum 3 years’ experience in the precast industry, current ACI Level 1, and PCI Level I&II inspector certification.
Watch to learn more about Gate’s Quality Control program
QC Manager Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Daily supervising of 4 QC department employees
- Lab Tech, Pre-pour/Post-pour Inspectors
- Plan staffing levels. Work with Human Resources staff to recruit, interview, select, hire.
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees in the QC department in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization’s and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization.
- Lead employees to meet the organization’s expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
- Provide affective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary.
- Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations and paid time off, telecommuting, cover for absenteeism, and overtime scheduling.
- Maintain transparent communication.
- Review and verify all testing and inspection reports as required by project specifications
- Inspect and test as required, all materials and cast-in items prior to concrete placement
- Create and verify proper mix designs used for each project
- Inspect formwork, and any casting surface for any irregularities and out-of-tolerance conditions
- Generate tension reports and inspect/monitor tensioning operations
- Check cast-in items for proper size and location.
- Perform daily inspections of batching, mixing, placing, curing, and finishing of all appropriate fresh concrete tests.
- Daily inspection of stripping operations, including verification of concrete strength requirements.
- Inspect product following any repairs to ensure the repairs are completed per the approved details and methods.
- Disposition of non-conforming product, including appropriate documentation
- Completion of all project documentation and quality control records
- Final visual marking and/or coding of product to indicate product is approved to load and ship
- Establish and maintain Quality Systems Manual
- Perform routine checks of prestressing beds
- Maintain calibration schedule and records for all equipment used in Quality processes
- Make color and texture samples for project specifications
- Review and file material mill certificates for all materials
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org