01 Mar GATE Precast Nets Multiple Awards at PCI Event
GATE Precast Nets Multiple Awards at PCI Event
The Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute presented eight project achievement awards to Jacksonville-based GATE Precast during its 2023 convention in Columbus, Ohio.
COLUMBUS, OHIO, February 24, 2023 – The Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute honored GATE Precast with four “Best in Class” awards and four honorable mentions for project excellence at the conclusion of PCI’s 61st Annual Convention Feb. 21-25 in Columbus, Ohio.
The awards provided an opportunity for PCI to recognize precast projects across North America for excellence in design in both transportation and building categories. A panel of judges singled out projects that push the envelope, overcome challenges and improve concepts. “We are truly honored to be recognized by PCI,” says Dean Gwin, president & COO, GATE Construction Materials Group. “These winning projects exemplify the increasing versatility of precast and its growing diversity of uses. Of course, we recognize that our success is closely tied to the creative designers and owners who consistently push the envelope.”
Most notably, GATE received an honorable mention in the Harry H. Edwards Industry Advancement category for its work at the Winter Park Library in Winter Park, Fla. The special award showcases fresh, uninhibited concepts that move the industry to the next generation of technology.
GATE projects receiving honors at the PCI event include:
- The Outdoor Infantry Immersion Trainer, Camp Lejeune, N.C. – Best Military Building & Honorable Mention in the All-Precast Concrete Solution category: GATE Plant: Ashland City, Tenn.; Architect: LS3P, Charleston, S.C.
- Restoration Hardware, Dallas – Best Parking Structure (Hybrid): GATE Plant: Hillsboro, Texas; Architect: RH Architecture & Design, Madera, Calif.
- Ft. Lauderdale Aquatic Center – Dive Tower, Fla. – Best Custom Solutions & Honorable Mention in the All-Precast Concrete Solution category: GATE Plant: Kissimmee, FL; Architect: Justin Architects, Ft. Lauderdale
- The Jasper, Charleston, S.C. – Best Mixed-Use Building: GATE Plant: Oxford, N.C.; Architect: LS3P, Charleston, S.C.
- The Winter Park Library and Events Center, Winter Park, Fla. – Honorable Mention, Government and Public Buildings, and Honorable Mention, Harry H. Edwards Industry Advancement award: GATE Plant: Kissimmee, Fla.; Architect: Adjaye Associates, N.Y.